Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Little Red

A little something something, because I want to get into the habit of blogging every day.

I finally signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, fewl!) and I have an idea for a novel I'm outlining right now. I'll give you a short tidbit, since the idea is still nebulous:

A young girl travels into the forest to visit her ailing grandmother. She meets a man who suggests she picks some flowers after the girl tells him where she is heading. When she reaches the cottage, her grandmother behaves strangely, and attacks her. Out of self-defense, the young girl takes the knife she had brought in case she met any creatures in the woods and kills her "grandmother" who changes into a wolf as she dies.

The werewolves of the forest are angered, as the "wolf" she killed had gone missing from the pack a few days before. And so, their campaign against the girl begins as she struggles with the truth about who the werewolf she killed really was and how to emerge from the forest alive.

Guess what it's based off of... If you guessed The Little Mermaid, you are correct! :DD fr srs There are no names as of yet, and the idea feels blegh to me, so I don't know if I'll run with it. Right now, I'm thinking the title will be "Red", but her "riding hood" is actuallly white. bloodstains! I really shouldn't be starting a new project right now, but hey! It's NaNoWriMo!

No comments: