Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where Do I Put This?!

I have a big problem: where do I put which scene? Even when I have an elaborate outline, I sometimes wonder if the scene placement is right, or if the scene is even needed. It's difficult at times, but there's an easy solution: write. Just get everything down, write all the scenes, and worry about sequence later. When you finish your book and reread it, you'll notice things that are out of place. Since you already know where the story is headed, you'll realize that one scene may be better somewhere else, or that it maybe be completely irrelevant.

Don't get overwhelmed with placing your scenes. Some may come easily, and some you may be wondering about. Just get everything down and concern yourself with sequence when you know you're finished.

No comments: